The move from tape as a basis for recovery, to replication as is provided in the SunGard Recover2Cloud for Server Replication service, offers many benefits. Benefits include:
- Faster recovery time objectives (RTOs) — recovery is guaranteed by SunGard Recover2Cloud service at sub-4 hours for the entire mission-critical applications environment that is protected
- Improved recovery point objectives (RPOs) — offered at near-zero with Server Replication capabilities
- Transformed recovery testing — avoiding the common costs and burdens, such as lengthy time of test, tape transport and loading, problems with not having enough time to complete test
Yet organizations sometimes seem to hesitate in adopting modern recovery methods. In an upcoming webinar scheduled for 11.30, SunGard will interview two professionals at Acacia Federal Savings Bank who have made the transition to replication-based recovery with success. Acacia will share their experiences in the webinar first-hand, to help other organizations in evaluating the SunGard Recover2Cloud service.
Some of the insights which attendees of the upcoming webinar can expect, include:
- How replication-based recovery compares to tape-based
- Why SunGard’s patent-pending service implementation completely transformed Acacia’s test process
- How replication complements Acacia’s backup-to-tape strategy
Interested to attend and ask your own questions? You can register now for the live event:
- Anantomy of a Cloud-Based Recovery
- November 30, 2011
- 10 am Pacific/ 1pm Eastern
In addition to speaking with Acacia representatives, a demonstration of the Recover2Cloud Server Replication product will also be offered during the webinar.